Bluehost Hosting Review (Nov 2020)
With over 2 million websites powered across the world, Bluehost is most recognized in web hosting.
Founded in 2003 by Matt Heaton and Danny Ashworth in Provo, Utah, it has gone through continual innovation and provides comprehensive tools to users.
Bluehost Reliability and Performance
Powering more than two million websites across the world, Bluehost is reliable. They offer a unique uptime guarantee of 99.98 % that comes to about one hour and forty-five minute’s downtime in a year.
Bluehost also offers a one-stop solution for business. One can utilize its services for anything including SEO, advertising, social media marketing, and also for increasing the visibility of the business. For this reason, it ranks high in the Bluehost review.
Types of Hosting
Bluehost offers six types of web hosting as below:
1. Shared Web Hosting:
This general service is the cheapest and the easiest. It includes four plans; Basic for $2.95, Plus for $5.45, Choice Plus $5.45, and Pro $13.95 per month.
2. Shared WordPress
It offers a fast, secure, and easy way for hosting a WordPress site. Available in three plans: Basic for $2.95, Plus $5.45, and Choice Plus $5.45 per month.
It offers the best way of hosting a WordPress online store. One can get started with Starter for $6.95, or Plus for $8.95, or Pro for $12.95 per month.
It offers increased power, flexibility, and control for the websites. Three plans are available: The Standard for $18.99, Enhanced for $ 29.99, and Ultimate for $59.99 per month.
5. Managed WordPress
It offers more features for the website with optimized performance. Available in three plans; Build for $19.95, Grow for $29.95, and Scale for $49.95 per month.
It offers the most powerful website for ultimate performance, security, and control. Available in three plans; Standard $79.99, Enhanced $99.99, and Premium $119.99 per month.
Unique Features of Bluehost
Bluehost happens to be one of the three hosting companies endorsed by WordPress. Other than seamless integration with WordPress, Bluehost also has the following features.
- Domain registration: Offers free domain to users when they sign up for a one-year plan. However, this excludes the domain registration fee that ranges between $10 and $15.
- Unique Website builder: Includes a drag-and-drop feature for building sites for users who do not have enough HTML and CSS skills but know what they want to create.
- Data transfer: Offers unlimited data transfer facilities on many of its plans.
- CPanel: Uses the popular site management system cPanel. Bluehost also offers free backups. So, one does not lose any key site files.
- Storage: Offers 50GB to unlimited storage space for site files depending on the plan chosen.
Bluehost offers easy migration for moving your site to them with its cPanel dashboard. One can do it step by step following the guidelines.
The migration charge is $149.99 and that covers the migration of a maximum of 5 websites and 20 email accounts.
Bluehost employs CPU protection for shared hosting plans. When one opts for shared hosting it means that the website is running not only on a given server.
The negative side of this is if the website has excessive demands, it may be denied access making the site slow or inaccessible.
The positive side is that one can hardly reach the end level of CPU protection. For most of the users, CPU throttling is not that something to worry about.
Help and Support
Bluehost review remains incomplete without considering the help and support. It ranks high in this aspect. They maintain a unique knowledge bank full of articles, guides, instructions, and answers to the frequently asked questions. They also provide 24/7 customer services.
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate is the best indication of a secured website. It is indicated by the padlock icon and “https” at the beginning of the web address.
This ensures the users that the information used on the website stays safe. Bluehost provides a free SSL certificate on all Bluehost hosting plans.
They also offer Spam Assassin protection, hotlink protection, and Secure Shell access for free. The Bluehost also offers several additional security measures. But one has to choose wisely for controlling bills.
Cancellation of plans
Bluehost offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. One must check if the platform is suitable within this period. Bluehost does not allow any cancellation or refund after the first 30 days.
Who needs Bluehost Hosting
The excellent customer support, very high uptime, and affordable plan for the beginners made it the best host provider available.
No matter if you are a novice or have a website crowded with traffic, this is for you. They offer a lot of features at a great price. It is also a perfect pick if you are hosting a WordPress site.
Pros and Cons
These are the advantages that made Bluehost popular.
- Reliable having over 2,000,000 websites worldwide
- Offers a wide range of web hosting options
- Dependable server with over 99% uptime guarantees
- Provides seamless WordPress integration
- Includes a variety of affordable pricing plans for every site
- Prices are competitive even after the first year
- Offers 24/7 support
- Allows 30 days money-back guarantee
Bluehost has the following disadvantages as well.
- Offers small storage in the basic plan compared to the competitors.
- Tons of optional add-ons sneak into the cart. One has to uncheck those items, if not required, before buying.
You must be wondering if Bluehost is the right option after going through this Bluehost hosting review. They offer a wide variety of affordable plans with lots of features and are endorsed by WordPress. One can never go wrong with them Bluehost for a starter plan and can update the hosting plan as the site grows.